Friday, 18 January 2013

Balloons Balloons Balloons


In my own work I use a lot of repetition and the idea of repeating everyday objects. My balloon fish is a good example of how I use process and repetition within my work. When I was making this balloon fish I had many different influences and I wanted to create something, as an intervention in to an the environment. I used over a hundred balloons to make the fish shape and place them in South park lake in Darlington. I seem to have an obsession with repeating objects. I think the more objects are repeated the more impact it has on the audience. I want the audience to interact with my artwork. I want them to be happy and smile when they see it because you don't see a balloon fish swimming around in a lake everyday, my work is temporary art where its only there for a while and then its gone and never seen the same since.Process is the main theme in my artwork in both fine art and textiles. I have used many different processes and repetition of process. Its like a habit that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment